Interesting things I’ve recently found on the net:
- The Kickstarter that was (then wasn’t) – A storify re: an author’s attempt to kickstart the next book in her series (after it was dropped by her publisher) and the ensuing backlash from her fans.
- Cellphones do not give you brain cancer – Basically, if they did, then brain cancer rates would be way up since the 60s, and they’re not. Although I guess there could be a confounding factor (i.e. there could be another factor which was lowering brain cancer rates and counteracting the effect of cellphones).
- Rose Lemberg on self-rejection – Rose went on a Twitter rant regarding marginalized writers’ tendency to self-reject and find reasons to not send out their work.
- Why has LSD become so hard to get?
- Man gets shock of his life when he pays $150 for two toy poodles and discovers that they’re actually ferretts.